Monday 5 August 2013

Small Book Haul

I really do love buying books and what is even better than buying books is buying cheap books which is why I spend an awful lot of time rooting around charity shops to find absolute bargains to add to my ever expanding collection. These books I bought on holiday and were mostly books I have been wanting to find for some time so to find them for such a cheap price instead of having to pay the full £8 in Waterstone's contributed to my happiness greatly.
So, on with the haul!


After all the movie adaptations I have seen of this I was initially reluctant to read this however I saw a great review of it and it sounded really interesting - nothing like the big Hollywood movies. Apparently it deals with many moral issues like playing God and also talk upon themes like childhood and love so I thought it would be a great book to read.


I had no idea what this book was about when I bought it but for just 20p I wasn't going to say no. Apparently it is a bit of a sci-fi style book and has a Captain Nemo in it - being a Disney geek I then had to buy it!


I watched the film of this in my English Lit class and it really is so beautiful - everyone was welling up at the end. It is really interesting and, although it is ultimately about death, it is truly life affirming and it makes you really think in a different light. I would totally recommend this to anyone who wants a good dytopian novel to read.

That was all my books in this little haul. If you would like to see more hauls be sure to let me know.

Be sure to check out my other blog for lifestyle, beauty and fashion posts: http://theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk/

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10181087/?claim=etmmq4akjd2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

5 comments:

  1. The last book 'Never Let Me Go' looks really good and I was just wondering where can you buy it and how much is it?

    MissBeccaBeauty xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get used ones on Amazon for as little as £1.12 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Never-Let-Me-Kazuo-Ishiguro/dp/0571258093/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375727547&sr=8-1&keywords=never+let+me+go
      I hope this was helpful. :)

      Delete
  2. You will love Frankenstein. I read it a few years ago in my high school class and it really surprised me. It's a lot less horror and a lot more morals. It was incredibly interesting and so inspiring with how thought provoking it was. It's a beautiful Gothic horror novel.

    EmJ
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I look forward to reading it! And thanks for following me, it is great to see your comments on this blog too! :)

      Delete
  3. 20000 leagues has always been on my to read list and I've never quite got there. Perhaps nows the time.

    ReplyDelete