Friday 7 March 2014

Writes of Passage


I saw this on Sensitivity And Flair's blog and she scored 18/50 on how many of these she had read. I decided to also give it a go.

Books that will...Scare You
The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks
The Rats by James Herbert
The Shining by Stephen King
1984 by George Orwell
Lord Loss by Darren Shan
Score: 1/5 - I've only read 1984 out of these as I am not big on scary books and, I must admit, 1984 kept me in a state of terrified paranoia for a while.

Books that will...Teach You About Love
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Forever by Judy Blume
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
3/6 I have read Pride and Prej, Jane Eyre and Anne Frank's Diary and wholeheartedly recommend all three of them.

Books that will...Make You Laugh 
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
Geek Girl by Holly Smale
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 3/4 by Sue Townsend
1/6 - have only read Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging but that was a while ago. It's a great teen series though - it's so funny!

Books that will... Transport You
The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
Percy Jackson (series) by Rick Riordan
Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein
1/6 - I have, of course, read Gatsby. I've read bits of Harry Potter and The Life of Pi too but not the whole thing.

Books that will... Change The Way You Think
Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
A Streetcat Named Bob by James Bowen
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-Time by Mark Haddon
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
The Book Thief by Marcus Zusack
0/7 - oops! I have intended to read these but I do tend to read more classic stuff so a lot of the contemporary books I haven't read.

Books that will... Make You Cry
Before I Die by Jenny Downham
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
War Horse by Michael Morpurgo
The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
My Sister's Keeper by Jodie Picoult
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
The Colour Purple by Alice Walker
2/7 - I've read The Kite Runner and Of Mice and Men. I've got a few of the others on my shelf too.

Books that will... Help You Understand You  
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
0/5 - oops again! Many of these are on my TBR list that I haven't got round to.

Books that will... Thrill You
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
Gone by Michael Grant
Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
Divergent by Veronica Roth
0/7 - double oops! This is embarrassing...

Overall I got a measly 8/50. Oh dear! Better get reading..

3 comments:

  1. These are a lot of book! I wish I had the time to read :/ but now I have exams for two months and practical exams in this month. I really want some reading time :|

    Relationships.College.Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I see lists like these is when I realize I should be reading more!...I have this "goal" of reading a book a month (because I hardly have the time); but I think I should push myself to read 2 now...I want so badly to read it all.... although, I've read a lot of books on these categories...and all my favorite ones about love are there (pride and prejudice, jane eyre, anna frank's diary..), but I wouldn't fit twilight there, I'd add "Love in the times of cholera"...that is my favorite book ever!
    cool post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I think I might do it too it's such a cool idea and definitely gets you to read more! Thanks for the idea :)
    Annie x

    www.heyanniemay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete