Friday 21 February 2014

Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading Tag

So, I saw that loads of people have done this tag on Youtube and a couple of bloggers too I thought I would give it a go as it looked like fun!
You can find the original video here.

Questions:
1. If you could step into the life of one fictional character for 24 hrs, who would it be and what would you do?
2. It's the zombie apocalypse and you find yourself locked in a basement with 3 fictional characters. Who would you want them to be and why?
3. Which 2 fellow Booktubers would you want by your side in that basement as you wait to be rescued?
4. Which fictional characters would be your best friend? Which would be your mortal enemy?
5. Which villian/evil doer do you secretly admire?
6. Who are your top 2 favorite fictional pairings/ships (it doesn't have to be romantic...can also be 'partners in crime', best friends etc)
7. If you could change the ending to any book you have read, which one would it be and why?
8. An alien race invades earth. What book do you give to their leader in order to better understand humans/humanity?
9. Using the title of a book you have read, what would you call the story of your life?

10. If you HAD to kill off a character from one of your favorite books...and you can't choose a villain (that would be too easy), who would it be?


1. If you could step into the life of one fictional character for 24 hrs, who would it be and what would you do?

Hhm, there are so many characters in books which I have read that I get so angry at for not doing a certain thing. I would very much like to be Bridget Jones and go and tell Daniel Cleaver to just go away and stop annoying me, tell Mark Darcy that I love him an awful lot and stop with the whole 'I hate him...or do I?' scenario and I would stop working for that repugnant misogynist of a boss who runs the Sit Up Britain channel. I would also love to be Lydia Bennet from Pride and Prejudice and dump Wickham because he is a big, fat meany who just wants money and probably doesn't even love her. But, in all honesty, I would most like to be Lizzie Bennet as she marries Darcy and I would just spend 24 hours just being with Darcy! I mean, who wouldn't want to marry him?!

2. It's the zombie apocalypse and you find yourself locked in a basement with 3 fictional characters. Who would you want them to be and why?

I would want Mr Darcy to be there because I love him and I know he wouldn't go mad and eat us all when we started to starve. Hermione would have to be there as she would have her time turner and we could go back in time and save humanity! And Achilles from the Iliad because he is super strong and almost immortal so he would look after me!

3. Which 2 fellow Booktubers would you want by your side in that basement as you wait to be rescued?

I would like to be with Bookish Thoughts and Books And Quills because they are both great and they both seem to be quite positive which is what you need in a zombie apocalypse. 


4. Which fictional characters would be your best friend? Which would be your mortal enemy?

I would like to be Jane Eyre's best friend because she seems really nice and a strong, moral character and maybe I could be her second Helen Burns (poor Helen *sob*). I would also like to be friends with Jane Bennet - we are making our way through the Bennet sisters here! Any guesses to my favourite novel?! My enemy would be...hm...Daniel Cleaver because I hate how he treats women. Or maybe Napoleon from Animal Farm. 

5. Which villian/evil doer do you secretly admire?

I am going to go for a trick answer here - my secretly admired villian is Snape as I though he was a villian then he wasn't so then I admired his love for Lily and how helped Harry. Yurp. 


6. Who are your top 2 favourite fictional pairings/ships (it doesn't have to be romantic...can also be 'partners in crime', best friends etc)

I really like Emma and Knightley from Austen's Emma as Knightley is so friendly and they seem destined for each other. Also Lizzie and Darcy..


7. If you could change the ending to any book you have read, which one would it be and why?

I would make it so that Boxer didn't die in Animal Farm! Although it says a lot about the savageness of life under Napoleon, it is very sad.

8. An alien race invades earth. What book do you give to their leader in order to better understand humans/humanity?

I think Bridget Jones' Diary says a lot about what life here is like. Maybe that because I can't reallt hink of anything else. 1984 honestly depicts the susceptibility of humanity but you wouldn't want to give that an invading power..


9. Using the title of a book you have read, what would you call the story of your life?

All the books I have read have pretty obscure titles.. hm, ok, I'm gonna cheat and use a title of a book I haven't read but have heard reviewed a lot - cheat that I am - The Perks of Being a Wallflower because I am a wallflower and my other options were books like Lord of the Flies and 1984.

10. If you HAD to kill off a character from one of your favorite books...and you can't choose a villain (that would be too easy), who would it be?

Mrs Bennet would be a goner! I don't dislike her but I don't think she is amazing. However I don't think the book would be the same without her. Maybe Mary Bennet instead..

I would love for everyone to have a go at this tag! If you do be sure to let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm going to do this tag very soon!
    I've nominated you for the Liebster award, please look at my blog and give it a go!
    Annie x

    www.heyanniemay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post and getting to know you a little more. You admire Snape? Whhhhaat? hehehhehe I do enjoy his outfits and wand technique.

    ReplyDelete