Tuesday 25 February 2014

The Book Lover Survey

I came across this tag on the blog Makeup Etc and thought I would give it a go as it looked fun.
I hope you enjoy this and I would love everyone to have a go at this.


Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? 
I read from a very young age - apparently when I was 5 I used to read the dictionary (cool kid). But as I got a bit older I was always sent to bed but allowed to read for a bit as people rarely had TVs in their room back in the day of my childhood, so I would stay up too late reading.

Where do you usually read? 
I like to read in bed but as I sleep in a bunk bed I have to sit on the floor or elsewhere. 

Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once? 
I always read more than one book. Usually one at home then one at college.


What is your favourite genre? 
I like classical literature like Jane Austen but also anything deep like 1984 or Lord of the Flies.

Is there a genre you will not read? 
I don't like modern horror at all nor would I ever read any modern 'romance' books (you know the sort).

Do you have a favourite book? 
I really love Pride and Prejudice.



What is your least favourite book?
I once had to read Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys for college which I really didn't enjoy as it is too jumpy.

What is the longest book you have ever read? 

Homer's Illiad is quite long so probably that.

What was the last book you bought? 
Tender Is The Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald. 

Do you prefer library books or buying books? 

Buying books all the way! I always buy from charity shops as they are so cheap but I also love buying antiquarian books from antique shops.


What are you currently reading?

I'm currently rereading Pride and Prejudice as well rereading The Great Gatsby.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I tag everyone to do it too!
Let me know if you give this tag a go.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't enjoy Wide Sargasso Sea either! Had to read it in my second year of uni and I really struggled to get into the story x

    hepburnspixiecrop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete