Saturday 22 February 2014

The Start of a Story


I am really into writing and when I was younger I used to write a lot of stories but I kind of got out of the habit of it. I have currently started writing one though and intend to try to finish it. I hoped that I would be able to post on here about my progress and show you snippets of the story.
I have just started it and wrote the opening sections so I am going to share them with you and I would love to hear your feedback.
I haven't thought for a title for it but I intend to have a story of two very different people and their experiences in life.
So, here goes..

Arthur reclined in his chair as he basked in the golden warmth that the fireplace emitted. The low drum of conversation laced the atmosphere with cordial assurance that he was not alone and, in the safety of feeling part of the common thread of humanity, he closed his eyes and allowed his face to be warmed in the cheerful glow.  His cheeks slowly becoming like a rose emerging from beneath a blanket of snow, his mind tumbled slowly through his hopes and expectations for that evening’s plans.  


The cold air slashed at her face as she fought through the frozen mist that hung dense and dead in the raw air. Through the shadows casting uncertainty upon what lurked beneath them, she sliced through the murkiness with as much vigilance as her strained eyes would allow. 

I hope you liked this post and I would love to hear what you think and any advice. 
I would also love to know if you would like to see more posts like this.

2 comments:

  1. I love the juxtaposition of the two scenes. Warm vs cold, comfort vs fight. You chose great contradictory words for each section. Can't wait to see where it goes!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I nominated you for the Liebster Award :) Here's the link to the original post http://seabeebeauty.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    xoxo Abigail

    ReplyDelete