Friday 28 February 2014

World Book Day Tag


I recently came across a lovely tag on the blog Stephanie Pomfrett and decided to give it a go as it looked fun.
I hope you enjoy reading my answers.
1. If you were stranded on a desert island with one book to last you the rest of your life, what would it be?
How can I choose one?! I would be tempted to go for something like Pride and Prejudice or Jane Eyre as they or my faves but if I have a lifetime I could take something really deep like 1984 to analyse. But, then I realised, I would have to take the Bible and spend the eternity growing closer to God.
2. Which book changed your life?
I first read Wuthering Heights which really got me into reading literature. Then Lord of the Flies got me into analysis and reading deeper novels. But 1984 has really changed how I look at the world.
3. What was the first book that made you cry?
I don't really cry much... I cried when I read One Day. 
4. What was the last book you read that completely baffled you?
I was baffled when I first read Gatsby. Wide Sargasso Sea I struggled to understand wholly too.
5. What’s your favourite novel?
Probably Pride and Prejudice as it is just the ultimate classic and it's not just is it a brilliant love story but a satirical novel that comically observes society.
6. What’s your favourite non-fiction book?
Anne Frank's Diary, that's non-fiction, right? It is really moving and you can really get into the atmosphere during the 30s through the book and understand how life must have been a bit better.
7. Have you ever read a book you loved so much that you refused to watch the film?
I refused to watch the film of The Great Gatsby until recently. Also I don't watch any adaptations of books by Orwell.
8. What is your favourite way to read a book?
In bed with a cup of tea and a bar of galaxy caramel.
9. What’s at the top of your ‘to-read’ list?
I want to read Tender is the Night by Fitzgerald next as I loved reading Gatsby.
10. Finally: if you were me and you had to dress up as a character for World Book Day, who would you choose?
Definitely Elizabeth Bennet - any excuse to wear Regency clothing really!

2 comments: